The California Career Pathways Trust is a grant funded initiative to support and expand career pathways programs and promote high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) within secondary and post-secondary institutions. These career pathway programs are intended to:
- Prepare students for high-skill, high-wage jobs in emerging and growing industry sectors in the local or regional economy
- Integrate standards-based academics with curriculum and articulation plans
- Development and/or use of innovative services to improve the success of student transition
- Development of innovative instructional activities.
- Development of student work-based learning activities
- Encourage new and expanded partnerships between education and industry